From YouGov, the percentages of people who correctly identified the current unemployment rate and some rudimentary facts about the three branches of the US federal government. By sex:
The potential responses to these questions were presented in a multiple-choice format. The unemployment question had five possible answers. Respondents could also cop to not knowing the answer. Among blacks, 28% admitted not knowing. Of the remaining 72%, some 15% will have selected the correct answer by guessing. Given that 19% of the black sample answered the question correctly, somewhere in the vicinity of 4% of black respondents confidently know what the official unemployment rate is. That’s not intended to mock them for not knowing–it’s a nearly useless number, after all. But it is, you know, the thing Donald Trump keeps celebrating in an attempt to shore up his black support:
“Nearly one million more blacks and two million more Hispanics are employed than when Barrack Obama left office, and minorities account for more than half of all new jobs created during the Trump Presidency. Unemployment among black women has hovered near 5% for the last six…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 11, 2019
By partisan affiliation:
As is always the case, the ignorant–in the literal sense of the word–mostly identify as belonging to the squishy middle.