In approximately 36 hours I will departing for London to debrief with my MI6 handlers attend a certain controversial conference. You can look forwards to copious reporting on the latest in IQ research within the week.
International travel is not cheap, especially as I didn’t manage to convince my institution to pay for it. So I suppose now as is as good a time as any to launch a donations drive.
You can donate to me via one of the following methods:
- Sponsor me on Patreon
- Bitcoin: 17tDufZUEK3DvQh3rY75F3xtVgxj4TzdtB
- Paypal donation
- Yandex Money via Yasobe (for ruble accounts)
Thanks. Much appreciated.
The more money I get, the more time I can afford to devote to writing and travel reports (e.g. Romania).
More notable posts since the last Open Thread in case you missed any of them.
- Is Zelensky Putler’s Puppet?
- Book Review: Andrew Yang – the War on Normal People
- Film Review: Game of Thrones S07
- Livestream with JF Gariépy on Russia
- The Sixth Proof of God
- What If?: Galicia Rose Up In Place of Donbass
- *psa* Famous NRx blogger spandrell (inventor of “Bioleninism”) is moving to spandrell.
- *shut it down* This comes just after the recent news that WordPress.com has finally pulled the plug on famous PUA/alt rightist Roissy/Heartiste.
- US-CHINA TRADE WAR IS ON!
- Gauillaume Durocher: Weeping for Notre-Dame
- *sinotriumph* Reuters: The China Challenge
- Large series on the rapid expansion in PLA capabilities.
- *based and redpilled* Embracing racism, rabbis at pre-army yeshiva laud Hitler, urge enslaving Arabs
- *muellergate* Masha Gessen: The Hustlers and Swindlers of the Mueller Report. Credit where it’s due – this is one of the best Muellergate pieces. Butina fits this “everyone was running their own hustles” theme perfectly.
- *muellergate* Bryan MacDonald: “Ha! In late 2016, while much of US media was claiming Trump was under Putin’s direct control, the Russian President told a billionaire Moscow banker that he didn’t know how to get in touch with Trump’s team & didn’t know who to formally speak to. So, while CNN, MSNBC, New York Times etc. were pushing line that Trump was Putin’s puppet, or the Kremlin’s man, the Russian business elite were secretly trying to find lobbyists in Washington to help stop Trump imposing harsher sanctions against Russian interests!“
- Insomniac Ressurected: Putler Comments on the Desire of Ukraine to give Passports to Russians
- *sovok* Sergey Radchenko: Records of a 1966 Politburo meeting in which Soviet leaders lambasted their own economy
- Navalny received total of 165 BTC in big lump sumps just before releasing results of big investigations during 2017-2019 [in Russian]
- *nuclear orthodoxy* Dmitry Gorenburg: How Much Did Orthodox Church Help Revive Russia’s Military and Nuclear Complex?
- Based on preliminary data for first three months of this year, it is likely that Russian TFR will drop by further 5% this year, although LE should go up strongly again.
- The one ray of sunlight is that average birth order hasn’t budget since mid-2010s, suggesting it’s all postponement.
- As Cicerone points out, it seems the world births decline continues for a third (fourth?) year in a row in 2019. Finland is already not far from “lowest-low” (<1.3).
- *sinotriumph* SCMP: How US went from telecoms leader to 5G also-ran without challenger to China’s Huawei
- Xinhua: China wants moon base by 2030
- Nature: How China is redrawing the map of world science.
- Ben Halder: China’s New Weapon Against Taiwan? Educating Its Best and Brightest. China continues its 31 steps for Taiwan.
- Guillaume Durocher: Jobbik: A Brief History of a Political 180
- Palladium Mag: The New Authoritarian Hungary That Isn’t.
- Haven’t actually read either of the two above articles yet.
- RAND report on how best to contain and “unbalance” Russia
- More US energy production, more sanctions, repositioning naval and air forces are considered to be the best options.
- US State Department official: “The Soviet Union and that competition, in a way it was a fight within the Western family. It’s the first time that we will have a great power competitor that is not Caucasian.”
- Thought note that this is a black woman.
- David Benkof (polyglot): Pete Buttigieg Doesn’t Speak Seven Languages. Empty suit is empty suit. By his standards, probably most of here are polyglots too.
- Inflation in Venezuela seems to be stabilizing at long last. IIRC the collapse in output has been something like 60% from max; that’s much worse than Russia during the 1990s (40%).
- RT: Megan McCain calls Moscow “City of Satan”
- *india* How to Sink a $3 Billion Dollar Submarine: Forgetting to Close a Hatch
- *shut it down* Right wing social science researcher Noah Carl had his fellowship at Oxford University rescinded under SJW pressure.
- His response: Noah Carl Controversy: FAQ
- They also managed to hound out Jordan B. Peter, even though Peterson is 1,000x as famous, so I doubt this will make a ripple (apart from further confirming that left-wing ideologues rule the roost in academia). Nonetheless, I wish him the best on his legal case.
- Lynn, Richard. 2019. “Reflections on Sixty-Eight Years of Research on Race and Intelligence.” Psych 1 (1): 123–31.
- You should check out Psych. It’s a new journal, articles are free, and seems to be highly pro-freedom of speech while having a DOI unlike Mankind Quarterly.
- Angrist, Noam, Simeon Djankov, Pinelopi Goldberg, and Harry A. Patrinos. 2019. “Measuring Human Capital.”
- “In Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda three-quarters of grade 3 students cannot read a basic sentence such as “the name of the dog is Puppy.” In rural India, half of students in grade 3 cannot solve a two-digit subtraction problem such as 46 minus 17.“
- So this is exactly what the IQ researchers have been saying for more than a decade, but obviously, none of them get cited in a World Bank publication.
- Tal Tyagi: The Iraq War Was Not About Oil. I agree with the general argument, even if describing Iraq as a “thriving democracy” is overreaching.
- Consciousness research Andres Gomez Emilsson argues against my & Scott Alexander’s intuition that capacity for suffering is correlated with neuronal complexity.
- Suggests wireheading lab animals; putting crickets out of their existential misery.
- You know that Brown Pundits blog where Razib Khan writes now? 55% of its Indian readership is Brahmin, vs. ~4% of general population.
- *build that wall* Steve Sailer reviews David Frye’s Walls: A History of Civilization in Blood and Brick at Taki’s Mag.
- Yasha Levine: “People forget what a totally openly fascist country America (and Canada) was before WWII. Everyone loved eugenics and human selective breeding programs. Wave of the future! Men would enroll their wives and children in “Fitter Families” contests—alongside their hogs and cows.“
- A strange but interesting Twitter thread on Somali Nazism.
- Amjad Masad: On how Silicon Valley is converging to Islam.
- The SJWs at “Rational” Wiki now do RaceRealist
- TIL S.M. Stirling is apparently a hardcore Ziocon
- Chimp using Instagram.
- *powerful take*: Duke on Qin on why Tibet is gay
- Twitter bans you for calling trannies mentally ill.