Open Thread 74
Search Text Case Sensitive Exact Words Include Comments
List of Bookmarks
This week’s Open Thread.
More notable posts since the last Open Thread in case you missed any of them.
- “Assange Should Have Picked the Russian Embassy.” But He Did.
- Navalny’s No.2 Leonid Volkov Gloats About Assange’s Arrest
- HBD Bloggers Are Autists Who Can’t Win Any Culture and Civilization Wars
- Patrick Armstrong: Putin Derangement Syndrome After Mueller
- Greenwald: Robert Mueller Did Not Merely Reject the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theories. He Obliterated Them.
- Bryan MacDonald: “Ha! In late 2016, while much of US media was claiming Trump was under Putin’s direct control, the Russian President told a billionaire Moscow banker that he didn’t know how to get in touch with Trump’s team & didn’t know who to formally speak to. So, while CNN, MSNBC, New York Times etc. were pushing line that Trump was Putin’s puppet, or the Kremlin’s man, the Russian business elite were secretly trying to find lobbyists in Washington to help stop Trump imposing harsher sanctions against Russian interests!“
- Philip Weiss: Mueller Report says ‘multiple members’ of Trump transition approached foreign officials to stop UN resolution against Israeli settlements
- Trump campaign (tried to) collude with Russia… To promote Israeli interests. Plainly calls for more Russia sanctions.
- Michael Tracey: “Mueller confirms that George Papadopoulos was investigated for being an unregistered agent not of Russia, but Israel”
- US demands Turkey choose between F-35 and S-400
- Shipping capacity of Russian Arctic sea route to top 80 million tons in five years
- Putin arrived at new Mercedes-Benz in Moscow region… in an Aurus
- *Based Putlerreich*: A first for Russia: Trans woman rehired and compensated $30K for workplace discrimination
- US declares IRGC is a terrorist organization, Iran reciprocates designating CENTCOM as same. More rhetoric, or are we again trending towards wars for freedumb (and flagging approval ratings)?
- Andrew Yang’s op-ed on CNN
- Audacious Epigone: Support for Eugenics, by Race
- Peter Frost: They really are smart … and other surprises
- Expects large scale African migration into demographically weakening China later this century. I can see this happening. As spandrell says, Chinese HBD realism is folksy, not “scientific”. Flimsy foundations against the Poz storm.
Science & Culture
- Philip Lemoine has a better index of Twitter influence
- Guillaume Durocher:
- Nature: Brazil’s government freezes nearly half of its science spending
- James Thompson: World IQ 82
- Emil Kirkegaard:
- Death by affirmative action: race quotas in medicine. This is a very good summary.
- Before PISA and Binet
- Zach Goldberg: US liberals would rather be thought liars than racists. Telling.
Humor & Powerful Takes
- *gamers* Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed: Unity (the one which features Notre-Dame during the French Revolution) for free until April 25.
- Insomniac Resurrected: Czechia’s premier Russiagate grifter Jakub Janda was expelled from university for plagiarism
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey does ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting
- Maybe that’s why he dropped the SPL C as a partner?
- What is it with this Pope and kissing black people’s feet? We are approaching the point where it’s obviously some kind of fetish he has.
- Ron Unz: Banned by Amazon and Purged by the Neocons