PSA from Patriarch Kirill II on the Ukrainian question in Moscow. Just your normal billboard ad. 🙂
Longtime Russia watchers may recall the Austere Insomniac blog, which used to offer excellent analysis on the Ukraine and was first to introduce the term “svidomy” into the English language.
Unfortunately, it later closed down, but the person behind it has recently reopened it at INSOMNIAC RESURRECTED.
Here are some of its inaugural articles:
- Kyiv Post risks being shut down over a Language Law
- Ukraine will buy 72% of her Coal from Russia
- Russia Ended Reselling Of Oil To Ukraine By Belarus
- Almost 50% of Ukrainians Think Banning of Russian TV Channels was a Mistake.
- Why Taking Ukraine in 2014 Would Have Been a Bad Idea?
- Hroysman: Russians Want to Create Ukraine Fatigue in the World
While it’s obviously biased against Maidanism, the person who runs knows the Ukraine well, and the vast bulk of it is just translations from and commentary on Ukrainian news. Feel free to follow it if you’re interested.
As you also probably know, you can also contribute to individual authors here who have made that option available. My details are here: http://akarlin.com/donations/
My comments in the announcement thread were only 90% tongue in cheek. Large meetups and conferences, while excellent, are also very expensive and organizationally complicated. Livestreams and podcasts are much easier to arrange, and I suspect that quite a few people might be interested to hear people like Sailer, Giraldi, Shamir, or even myself discussing various topics. This format has exploded in the Russian nationalist sphere in the past year and it has been rather successful.
Palladium seems to be an interesting new journal.
* So about The Caravan… Best take?: I have a prediction. When the caravan gets to the US border, they will put the women & children on the front lines. There will be pictures of desperate women/babies in front of stonefaced, armed troops. TIME will put one on the cover and the headline will be “Trump’s America.”
* Brazil elections: Bolsonaro leading by 20% points, PredictIt gives him 95%+ of winning.
* Gregory Hood: The UN’s Plan to End Civilization
* spandrell: The Wars of the Sexes
* Ron Unz: American Pravda: The ADL in American Society
* SCMP: China to reveal new H-20 stealth bomber next year with twice the payload of the American B-2. It apparently has twice the payload of the B-2.
But [the Kiev Patriarchate’s] fate is now inextricably intertwined with that of the current government. What happens when the government changes?
* Vzglyad: 403/413 monks in Odessa monastery voted to remain with UOC-MP [in Russian]. Looks like Filaret will have a hard slog, at least without help from Ukrainian nationalists.
* Full video of the presentation of Zhuchkovsky’s book 85 Days in Slavyansk.
* Military Watch: Indonesia to reject US pressure and go ahead with Russian S-35 purchases
* Craig Murray: Turkish account of Khashoggi murder is “true in every detail”
* Tyler Cowen on how political correctness hurts the Left more than the Right
* Kevin Carrico: I Mastered Xi Jinping Thought, and I Have the Certificate to Prove It. Reminds one of those Scientific Communism and History of the KPSS classes in the USSR. Not to China’s credit that it continues this tradition.
* RT (Darius Shahtahmasebi): Facebook working with NATO-funded Atlantic Council to scrub website of alt media content
* Steve Sailer: Elizabeth Warren singlehandedly disproves “race is just a social construct” media trope (humor)
* Emil Kirkegaard on the always temporary but neverending nature of affirmative action.
* National Interest: Italy’s populist coalition continues to defy EU on immigration and Russia sanctions
* Romania Insider: More Romanians than Syrians emigrated to Germany in 2017
* Ash Milton (Palladium): China may outcompete Western liberal order with Belt and Road global economic expansion project
* NextBigFuture: China to account for 59% of e-commerce sales by 2021
Science & Culture
Colossal fail move? NYT reposts a bunch of /pol/ race realist material, tells readers where to find more, and the only alternative offered is some concerns from cherry-picked scientists to claim " there's no evidence, nothing to see here guys"https://t.co/HPXNhH7aNZ pic.twitter.com/K99kesgvCW
— Emil O W Kirkegaard (@KirkegaardEmil) October 17, 2018
* NextBigFuture: What will be the big changes from 2018 to 2028?
* Why did the recent Soyuz launch fail? Classic O-Ring failure: “The mount did not immediately enter the groove – we drove it in by force.”
* Quillette: Is factory farming one of history’s greatest crimes?
* 4chan mathematicians crack a math problem, but nobody knows how to cite them
* whyvert on history of Soviet psychometrics:
More universities no longer using SAT or ACT scores.
Reminds me that the USSR had used IQ tests (known as pedology) in the 20s but then banned them in 1936. pic.twitter.com/Bg9KGaoHB0
— Whyvert (@whyvert) July 18, 2018
* Powerful Take: I am so proud to run one of the world’s premier venues for the exchange of high-end racial abuse from all corners of the globe. #UnitedInDiversity
* More on the Richard Spencer saga: His new gf –
This is like when Enteo (Russian Orthodox fundamentalist) started going out with Alekhina (feminist Pussy Riot member). pic.twitter.com/Q41iQYO9ki
— 🐉ak (@akarlin88) October 24, 2018
* Daily Stormer: Powerful takes of Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil’s next Prez
* Daily Stormer: NPC scripts
* Navalny’s daughter:
* We wuz Nutcrackaz! It is directed by a Swede, and the producer is a Jew.
* Gloriously autistic 2 hour (sic!) review of the FALLOUT series by ROGPR podcast host Kirill Nesterov: